let us walk with you.
Chicago Survivors provides multi-cultural crime victim/survivor services to surviving family members following homicide in Chicago. Our services are free and open to all families who have lost a loved one to violence. Our Crisis Response and Family Support Services are available in English and Spanish, and we will also provide in-time telephone translation of our services into over 200 languages.
Chicago Survivors is the independent direct service provider for the Chicago Department of Public Health’s “Crisis Response & Recovery Program.
It is our mission:
- to offer crisis intervention, supportive counseling and comprehensive referral services to surviving family members throughout Chicago following homicide;
- to work collaboratively to provide training in sensitive and effective communication with and treatment of victim’ families to law enforcement, court personnel, medical examiner’s office, emergency rooms and other systems related to the aftermath of homicide;
- to foster a community of survivors who may derive empathy, support, education and healing from one another, and contribute to anti-violence work through their collective voice and experience.
Our services include:
- Immediate Crisis Response Services
- Supportive Counseling
- Case Management
- Comprehensive Referral Services
- Court Advocacy
- Community of Survivors