let us walk with you.
Chicago Survivors provides multi-cultural crime victim/survivor services to surviving family members following homicide in Chicago. Our services are free and open to all families who have lost a loved one to violence. Our Crisis Response and Family Support Services are available in English and Spanish, and we will also provide in-time telephone translation of our services into over 200 languages.
Chicago Survivors is the independent direct service provider for the Chicago Department of Public Health’s “Crisis Response & Recovery Program.
It is our mission:
- to offer crisis intervention, supportive counseling and comprehensive referral services to surviving family members throughout Chicago following homicide;
- to work collaboratively to provide training in sensitive and effective communication with and treatment of victim’ families to law enforcement, court personnel, medical examiner’s office, emergency rooms and other systems related to the aftermath of homicide;
- to foster a community of survivors who may derive empathy, support, education and healing from one another, and contribute to anti-violence work through their collective voice and experience.
Our services include:
- Immediate Crisis Response Services
- Supportive Counseling
- Case Management
- Comprehensive Referral Services
- Court Advocacy
- Community of Survivors
News & Upcoming Events
February 12, 2016
Chicago Survivors Announces:
Survivor Family Meetings For Unsolved Cases
In response to widespread concern about unsolved homicide cases, and out of concern for every survivor's search for justice and for their rights as crime victims, Chicago Survivors is facilitating regular meetings between families with unsolved cases and the Area Commanders in the CPD Bureau of Detectives.
To sign up for a meeting, please visit:
October 15, 2015
After a homicide, crisis teams offer aid on grieving, vigils, police procedure
Dawn Valenti can still hear the pain in the voice of a Roseland mother the moment the woman learned she had lost a second son to gun violence within a year...
October 23, 2015
Chicago Survivors participates in video against gun violence
Part of Chicago Ideas Week, Music Versus Gun Violence is more than just a music video. It’s a movement that uses the power of music to ignite change and arm those affected with a unified voice and message: #PutTheGunsDown.